The CMS Hospital Conditions of Participation (CoPs) Made Easy 2020, Part 5 of 5 (Webinar T7011)
Thursday, March 05, 2020
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
Part five of a five-part education series on the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation (CoPs) presented by Sue Dill Calloway.
Topics covered in this session include: infection control; discharge planning; organ and tissue procurement; and surgical and anesthesia, outpatient, emergency, and respiratory and rehabilitation services.
By the end of this presentation, learners should be able to:
• Discuss that CMS requires many policies in the area of infection control
• Recall that patients who are referred to home health, Inpatient rehab, LTCH, and LTC must be given a list in writing of those available and this must be documented in the medical record
• Describe that all staff must be trained in the hospital’s policy on organ donation
• Understand that CMS has specific things that are required be documented in the medical record regarding the post-anesthesia assessment
• Recall that CMS has finalized the discharge planning worksheet and changes to the standards
Please note this is an afternoon session.