COVID-19: HR Considerations and CARES Act Relief (Webinar T7032)
Thu, Apr 16, 2020
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
This complimentary webinar for all GHA Members addresses the personnel and financial challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, including best practices for relevant HR policies and an overview of the requirements and benefits established by the ADA, FFCRA, and CARES Act.
- HR Policies
- Best practices for telework policies.
- Wage and hour considerations resulting from employees who are out of work, working reduced hours, or working remotely.
- Handling personnel who are symptomatic or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Reasonable accommodation obligations for at risk populations.
- Handling infected personnel reintegrating into the workplace following recovery.
- Paid sick leave requirements and applicability to healthcare providers and emergency responders.
- Expanded Family and Medical Leave requirements and applicability to healthcare providers and emergency responders.
- Tax credits funding the paid benefits provided to qualified employees.
- CARES Act
Continuing Education Credits
The Georgia Hospital Association is an approved provider of nursing home administrator credits as a professional trade association in long term care under Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. 393-13-.02, (1) (a). Approved for 1 contact hour.
This webinar is free to all GHA members. If you are registering for an out-of-state hospital association, please contact the education department at email@example.com, or 770-249-4542.
- An overview of the CARES Act’s $100 billion in funds earmarked for the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund
- Suspension of the Medicare Sequester
- Expansion of Accelerated Payment Program
- Other applicable economic relief provisions of the CARES Act.